Perception
Look hard enough, and there is no disorder to be seen, only order to be perceived. I disliked high school education...But at the same time, subtle doors of opportunity unlocked themselves and a path of comfortable living unfolded. The lost beauty of innocence found greater virtues at the womb of maturity and staged fantasies became apparent realities as the mind grew accustomed to knowledge-- bracing itself for the weight of wisdom. And dreams could wait, because unlike man, they had patience. The dreams would only unfold with time. Twelve hour nights and twelve hour days meshed themselves together, each interlocking and opening each other up to a hope of a brighter tomorrow.
And thus, perception, a most celebrated figure in this day and age, lodged itself between my two eyes, becoming the bridge between his reality and cynicism. This opened up a portal to another dimension of possibilities. Thoughts could be executed, or executed; life deemed priceless, or senseless (or even doomed to be cents-less for that matter); everything beautifully damned, or damn beautiful. And it didn't stop there: the execution of thoughts would bring birth to new ideas, and kill old ones, and even in the absence of cents, some sense could be used to ensure some sort of change. And who’s to say the beautifully damned and damn beautiful aren't the same? The only reality that exists is the perception created.
Listen carefully. I can hear the soft rain outside, coming from the television static. I can hear the sound of the ocean, resonating from the highway. Is that the silence screaming, or is it singing? It’s all there; I just have to look deeper into something that’s not there, or perhaps just hidden. I just have to take a step back and look at my situation differently.
ps. put put put put your hands up yeayeayeyeayea! 노래방=fun
I wrote this some time ago but I reread it and I like it
0 love letters:
Post a Comment
comments •~•