Ballad to the hushes of reality, soft spoken imagination.

What if we left the world behind, escaped to a place where reality doesn't scare us?
Let's shuffle off this mortal coil. Let's fall tipsy off the wakening bridge. I can sing the drunkard's walk and you can waltz across my lingering soul. We can ask the gatekeeper to stay open a moment longer, and we can let that moment wander. Be careful what you say, sometimes I can't hear your voice; was it my imagination or did I just hear you speak? Let's stagger across the fabric of joy, before we slip right through it. Did I hear a callous ring? I think I'll just ignore it. My heart is famished but as long as your with me, I feel no pain. I lived for the world, or did I die for the world? Heed not, I say we dance just a moment longer, till we feel the pain. Don't mistake my soft stutter for fear, or the way my tongue coils in knots. I may be a bit nervous, but I feel the joy without the pain. Whisper vague words for vague emotions, and maybe I might let those phrases haunt me again. As we litter across the fragments of life, loiter in the memory's playground, I just want a moment longer. Fading fragrance, hollow shells, we've become remnants of the visage we were before. But as long as we're together I don't need a purpose in the world. I don't need a reason, you're my reason enough.

2 love letters:

david | October 21, 2011 at 1:04 PM

really liked this one. it flows a lot better than most of the other times you use romantic phrases and complex diction. part of it may have been because of the rhythm

at the end did you actually mean "hallow"? or "hollow"

Anonymous | October 21, 2011 at 2:08 PM

yeah i tried to flow it to a rhythm of some sort. and yeah i just saw some typos and fixed them

Post a Comment

comments •~•

Labels