Free

I just came back from riding my bike.
I almost got stuck around eddie's house, because it was cold and my bike wasn't starting.
It was a dreadful feeling... I ran with my bike till my legs were about to give out, up and down the street for my bike to start, and did that about four times.
Didn't know what to do, but as I kept going up and down the street, and ran faster and faster with the bike, it eventually worked. I was so tired.
Hearing the engine turn on was the greatest reassurance ever.
After that, and all that hard work, I didn't just want to go home, so I rode around La Canada.
I went random places. I wondered other people were doing at the moment.
The wind hit my fingers and they were so cold because I didn't bring gloves, but after a while they were so cold that they felt warm. And not in a bad way, they felt actually warm. It was a weird sensation.
I wish I could go far away, far far away, just by myself, going fast into the night while everyone else was going to bed.
I felt independent. It's a rare feeling but I think its one of the best feelings ever.
Like when I stopped by Korea for a couple days after I spent a month in Japan last summer, I felt free.
I didn't have anybody looking after me, nobody to cook me food, and no shackles around my ankles.
I would just go from city to city in the subway, just sitting there, watching other people as they carried on in there own little lives.
But then, I had to come home. I had these little things to take care of.
Math test, Lit reading...

Why can't I just be free? Do I have to let these things take control of my life?

I'm sure, if I just start running, no matter how hopeless true freedom may seem, and run till my entire body gives out, and run more, I will soar, and those moments of struggle would seem like nothing to the freedom at the end.

0 love letters:

Post a Comment

comments •~•

Labels