Character&Pride

It's been impressed upon my character that I should act a given way when given a certain circumstance. More and more, I feel myself at fault for falling victim to my own personality. Shouldn't a person have sovereign control over his emotions and how he acts? After all, most people are fast to judge a person by the way he acts or the way his emotions flare up. So given this, do I just become a byproduct of my personality?

I hate falling victim to my personality. I think it's limiting to what I can do. I think a person should be able to mold into any given circumstance and expand his potential and limitations. Easier written out then done though. I would love to be in perfect control over my personality, but the reality is that sometimes it's outside of my control. Can I stop a fleeing feeling in my stomach, or rage, or sadness, or shyness? I suppose the most I can say I do is that I try.

And more and more I'm wondering what it means to let your pride deceive your heart. I feel this very often, and yet on the other hand sometimes I feel like I should have the pride to know when to stop and when to keep the sanctity of my composure. Letting "my pride deceive my mind" or heart has simply become a misnomer to equate myself with people that I would normally look down upon. But more and more, rather than coming to an equal standpoint, the other party's pride overwhelms ME and the balance become tilted the other way. I can't say that it's worse, but maybe equally bad.

0 love letters:

Post a Comment

comments •~•

Labels