I love you like air

The word love is cheap. You could probably buy it with a drink and a few sweet words. The definition of love has been cheapened down. It doesn't mean much anymore. It's not divine, neither is it sacred. When fucking teens feel strong romantic emotions when they get carried away, they can assume love is the emotion at play, because their vocabulary is audacious and pretentious enough to use the word "love" rather than "strong infatuation", "lustful romance" or any other more realistic term. It feels better and gives the emotions certainty and security, where without the word, they would be uncertain and stay aloof. It cements the cracks of loneliness and affirms sense of togetherness and belongingness so easily, that phrase "I love you" does, without any reason or solid foundation than "feelings" alone. It's like the Krispy Kreme donut diet of the English language. It's still a diet, but it's donuts for fuck's sake

Consequently, it doesn't mean much anymore. When people fuck, they make "love". And I love you's can come from the emptiest places. They can have temporary residence in foreign places when they want to. Apparently love can have no depth too, the reason for this being that love is subjective. Love, as people have twisted the English language, doesn't have to mean jack shit.

I've always understood the word love to embody the highest form of human to human interaction, beyond the physical, embodying a patient, kind and selfless gesture towards someone. But now it doesn't really have to. Love can now be a taking act, where shallow, yet comfortable emotions can embody a 75% physical lust and 25% desire to fill in holes of loneliness. Now, great for everyone, everyone can love with little to no effort. When you feel it, or think you feel strong emotions, you can just use it. You can just buy the use of the word like you do any other commodity. There is absolutely no understanding of the word necessary to use it. I mean, by their nature, words and feelings are subjective to people and feelings change. I feel strong emotions. I'd fuck you exclusively. I love you.

It's kind of like giving an high schooler a paint brush because he thinks Picasso looks nice. And then when he paints something, you put his painting right next to the Picasso in the art museum. By right of using a paintbrush, his painting belongs there.

I love you. Shit, if it was that cheap, I'd buy it too, but it's worthless now. It's definition now pales in comparison to the definition it once held. The definition of love now doesn't mean jack shit. It's like a temporary replacement for the loneliness that drives people insane and insecure. Gotdam, I would assume that it feels good to hear those words, regardless of whether or not they are real or not. But as if it matters. It don't mean jack shit anyway. Because people don't have the patience, intelligence, rationality, and selflessness to utilize some words of the English language properly, some of the English language has become worthless. Especially the word love. It's almost worthless.

The real embodiment of love would be better left unsaid because the word that's meant to carry the meaning is now just a fraud and a scam. A fraud and a scam. The reason being that you can't hold double standards for the same word, once a scam, always a scam.


0 love letters:

Post a Comment

comments •~•

Labels