sine waves

I feel the most comfortable with myself when I'm creating something. It gives me the feeling that I'm progressing and growing. In some sense, progress validates my existence and that gives me positive vibes. Other times, when I'm just fucking around I get positive vibes in a different way. It's not so much joyful times that I feel when I'm with my friends and hanging out, but more so times of escape and release.

Good art is a series of well deliberated tensions and releases. Music is just tension and release with different sounds and harmonies. Most things in life are also a series of tensions and releases. You build tension and it releases. In all realms things can be simplified down into sine waves, because nothing is constantly good or bad. Because of the relative nature we experience things, nothing can constantly always be good, this is why we experience things as sine waves. The positivity I feel when creating is reinforced by weekend releases. If I hold the tension too long, I become tired.

I think a charismatic person is someone who can maintain very strong tensions and have outlandish releases as well. People with a greater command and understanding of this concept tend to understand more about themselves and other people as well. Most things comes in a series of waves, like the ocean. We run, then stop, run then stop, wake, sleep, hold and release. This idea of tension and release works on many different levels, correlating the functions and workings of the universe into waves. Ups and downs. Living for example is a tension. When we die, the body releases its grip on life and the tension is gone. Emotions often come in waves as well. Nothing good can last forever, just like nothing all too bad can go on for a too long, because when things hold tension for too long, they tire us out and eventually we must release. But how we go about those tensions and releases, the timing, sense, and deliberation in those release is where we can shine.

The cover song "Limit to Your Love" by James Blake demonstrates tension and release very well. In essence, it's an orgasm. Although the release feels good, nature builds up the tension again and then it releases. In many ways, living life charismatically is a stylish orchestration and demonstration of tension and release.

0 love letters:

Post a Comment

comments •~•

Labels