checkpoint

Life is good. This is something that has always been understood, even when I had emotional problems. There is absolutely no denying it when I understand what is around me and what has been given to me. The past couple weeks, I've had something of a revelation. Actually, not quite, so because it was not entirely unknown before. Perhaps I'll call it "rediscovery". Life is more than just good, it's exciting. Life is really really exciting. Right now, I'm 20. It may not be all that glamorous, but when I look around me and see the blessings of God in both the opportunities I've been given and the person He has made me to be, I see an unfathomable amount of potential and excitement. It's funny to hear that from a "broke" (my net worth is 0), "homeless" (I live in an apartment my parents are paying for), and "lost" (my English major is useless) person. But I am so excited.


At 20, this is a prime age for anything in the making. It is an age of new responsibilities, but also far less commitments than any other time in our lives. I have no wife, no home payments to make, and absolutely nothing holding me back from doing exactly what I want to do. And some people call this childish, but I do not understand because at 20, I'm a bit too naive to understand what it means to pay mortgage or feed my children.

I feel extremely exciting because I see my situation, and the mind that my childhood has created and I see so much potential. I am excited because I understand all the control that I have from my part is how hard I work and how I manage certain opportunities and commitments. The only excuse I have from my part is that I have not worked hard enough. 

The only thing I am uncertain about is that I do not know how strong I am. Because I grew up from a middle class family in an affulent community  my will has never been fully tested. I never lived hand to mouth, and I never felt what it means to be at the bottom of the food chain. I never had my ego tested to show me how pathetic I am, and even if I say I have, I really haven't. I pray, that whatever happens in the coming few years, no matter what, that my philosophy on life will not falter in a negative way. Things are easy to say when it's all good and I can easily get food on my plate and I think I'm in the top ten percent of the top ten percent of the world. How strong is my will? Only time will tell, and I'm certain that I will know the answer in the next coming years.

Traits needed:
1. Ability to drop all emotional commitment to something isn't working and run the other direction. Give up when necessary.
2. Proactiveness. Ability to TAKE ACTION
3. Discipline
4. Resilience to failure

Things needed for a happy job:
1. Autonomy
2. Passion
3. A direct effort/rewards and results ratio

Don't expect anyone to tell you what to do or give you permission.. Because nobody will.

You don't have to be fully prepared! Reeboks on, I just do it, nxgga.


0 love letters:

Post a Comment

comments •~•

Labels