theory
I've come up with a theory about human thinking. This theory encompasses both free will and 'fate', if you will. Of course, this theory doesn't deal with any of the physics or fate of the universe and/or physical objects but is based on the premise that concepts of free will and 'fate' are based in the human brain. You will come to understand what I mean to say.
There are some who say that if free will truly existed in this world, then things that are not physically possible would occur. For example, if I wanted to fly, I could fly. I find this statement ridiculous, to say the least. In this universe, then, free will would apply to all physical objects as well. Does that mean now that objects have their own conscience, if not then, how would they react in this universe. This idea essentially gives the human mind power over the universe, two things (human mind and physical dimension) I believe exist in their separate dimensions. This is not what I am talking about.
I believe that free will exists entirely in the mind, as it very well should (and quite obviously does).
At any given point in time, a human being has numerous choices (bounded by his physical abilities). These numerous choices can span from the smallest to the largest choices. I could jump right now, I could pick my pencil, and what not. All these choices are created by the mind and the imagination. Once the imagination brings such thought or possibility to being, there exists a choice: to do or not to do. Of course, in any normal circumstance, we do not consciously think of these things. Most of these choices are filtered unconsciously. So I suppose, because these choices are made unconsciously, we don't exactly have a choice in being able to choose many of these, basically taking away our free will. But the fact that these choices exist shows that free will exists. Out of all those numerous choices created, few of them surface to our conscious mind. These are what we perceive to be the choices of daily life. Do this, do that, everything that we do sprouts from these.
To expand, because these thoughts and choices are conceived by imagination, this essentially gives those with greater imagination greater freedom to do what we will, because everything we can possibly do is still bounded by what can think of to do. For example, writing is a most tactile example. As a person writes, each word is a conscious decision and choice he comes upon, by being able to deny every other possibly less fitting word and using that word in their place. Thus it would make sense that writers sometimes exhibit greater imagination and thinking capability, and vice versa. Of course by no means does that mean that the writer is anymore success, because there are many ofter things in life that determine that.
Perhaps there are alternate states of minds that bring about these unconscious choices. And maybe that's why people do retarded shit when they are drunk or high. Instead of normally apprehending choices, choices that were meant to stay in the unconscious realm arise and break the barrier of common sensibility. Many of these choices are probably based upon human instinct as well, and in a very Freudian concept, cut out by our superego. This actually explains a lot, if you think about it. The confidence booster, the aggravated anger, the melancholy, the whatever. And maybe that's why some people say that when people are drunk, they tend to exhibit their true selves.

0 love letters:
Post a Comment
comments •~•