the pursuit of happiness
I want to be an intellectual when I grow up. The last this I want to do is conform to the society I live in. I’ll be a critic of the world, an artist, a musician, a director, I will run the world through its backstage curtain. The death of the individual comes at acceptance of the shit you live in.
Philosophically speaking, the pursuit of happiness is a common reoccurring theme among all people; yet, universal happiness is not present. Happiness is very subjective to the individual, (this means emotion is what the own person makes of his/her experiences). Two people can see two different perspectives and two different emotions on same experiences. Happiness can always be 'summoned' (for lack of better terms).
This invalidates the conclusion that happiness is the greatest ambition all people, because happiness is essentially a choice. IF the goal of all people was happiness, people would CHOOSE to be happy, because they can. Instead we try to be happy and lead to failure because our definition of happiness is so narrow. Money, fame, and love is not synonymous to happiness.
Is it our flawed perception of happiness that does not allow happiness, or is that happiness just comes after everything else? Why do people pursue things that they think will make them happy, even though obviously much of it does not lead to happiness?
'if i had just a million dollars, id be happy and content'. then why the fuck arent all the millionares happy. nobody is that special in this world, and people have to stop being so oblivious about their situations.
0 love letters:
Post a Comment
comments •~•