don't do

People don't do what they want to do, they just usually end up doing what they end up doing.

In a relatively short time, I've experienced a lot, to say the very least. I've been fortunate enough to have been presented with a number of options for what do with my future. I've always been aware that 'life is difficult', but my tiny interpretation of that idea is a little less tiny now. Life is daunting.

I think people are like birds in a bird eat bird world. There are many that choose to live inside cages so that they do not get eaten by the bigger birds outside.

Not making choices makes life easier to deal with. Just letting things come as they go and accepting opportunities at face value is comforting. School, for example, is not daunting (relatively speaking, not to downplay it's role). It is a set path which has defined guidelines for the typical student to follow: HS, College, Choosing A Major, Completing Bachelor's, Master's (optional depending on field), Salary, Raise Work Vacation Repeat. Neither is inheriting a family business. Needless to say, of course there are certain traumas that may come attached within that defined parameter, but as I said, those guidelines and restrictions eliminate much of the fear/apprehension typically felt during the process. Many times, from what I've noticed, it comes at the cost of foregoing the question "Why am I doing what I am doing?".

These are limitations placed upon oneself. However, these limitations are actually quite wide, and I use that word quite loosely in a neutral manner because within that parameter, much can be done. Great and difficult accomplishments. But what I'm talking about is fear, because I think that a difficulty greater and more challenging than obstacles and overcoming challenges is the fear of truly not knowing what the fuck is going to happen. I mean this statement in a very literal fashion: to really have no idea because the boundaries/parameters/limitations of what could happen do not exist.

This fear, coupled with excitement is a path not many treaded, but for those who have, it is a both a rewarding and terrible path. It is the path of almost all celebrated people, in some way or fashion, perhaps the limitations were not college and school but rather following the popes orders, or not challenging the status quo.

As I learn more and more about the world around me and myself, I understand that there are many things of the trending mindsets of which I do not fuck with. "People don't do what they want to do, they just usually end up doing what they end up doing" is such an example. It is a true statement, but so is "Do what you want to do,"; it simply depends on who is saying it. The current status quo of how to make a living in life is another such example. People overstating the value of risk in presentation circumstances or simply giving it lip service, but not giving it value in real world circumstances is another.

And I understand these things, I understand more clearly why the number of people that want to change the world gets smaller and smaller as people become older and older. Insecurities become deeper imbedded under layer of neglect and neurosis. As this happens, our joints and mental reflexes become rusted with daily comforts. "Simple joys" take the place of greater and more meaningful joy found within progress and learning, when in fact, both should be cherished.

I am going to change the world. I am going to take the baton of the greats of past generations and propel the human race forward. This is a choice, but seeing my nature, it's not even really a choice whether or not I can think it.

I'm 20, don't have to work, and am healthy. I can do whatever pleases me, really. I can do whatever I want as there are no limitations. The only 'limitations' present are those which restrict the universe: time and nature. My will, this could be a limitation, but it could also be what sets me free. Fear or courage as well.

Shallow self discovery leads to people finding themselves within their insecurities.

0 love letters:

Post a Comment

comments •~•

Labels